Punchey Inc.("Punchey") is all about fostering strong, long lasting relationships. As such, we consider our relationship with you, our customer, our greatest asset. To earn your trust and ensure a positive experience, we abide by the highest standards in the industry to keep your personal information safe and confidential. Any personal information we collect, store, or use is for well-defined purposes, to provide the best service possible to you. We do not share, sell, trade, or rent your information with third parties without your consent. Your privacy is never for sale. You may contact Punchey at any time with any privacy questions or concerns that you may have.
What Is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, mobile number, location, birthday, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Sites or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information have been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Sites. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you create an account or a profile, or sign up to receive email updates. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, zip code, and credit or debit card information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating an account. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys and other activities on the Sites.
Passive Collection: When you use the Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Sites. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Sites and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. When you view a video on our Sites, a third party may also set a "flash cookie" on your computer. Removing and rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser or flash cookies, this could affect certain features on our Sites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Sites or in emails relating to the Sites to collect certain information about usage and monitor user activity on the Sites.
Third Party Cookies
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through our Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Sites. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to identify those purchases that qualify for rewards or offers through our rewards services;
- to personalize the service so that it is more relevant to a specific user;
- to send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Sites;
- to notify you about important changes to the Sites;
- to send you information to keep you informed about various promotions, offers, products and services;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and our users' experiences on the Site, such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Site's functionality and user friendliness;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Sites with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Sites. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with merchants who need access to such information to identify your purchases and offer you customized rewards, offers, and other incentives;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Sites, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Punchey, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Punchey. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our web sites by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
Updating Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct delete or deactivate it by making the change in your profile page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may choose to stop receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at email@example.com or write to 59 Franklin Street, New York, NY 10013.
This document was last updated on September 22, 2011