Star Micronics’ mPOP™, is a multi function device that combines a cash drawer and printer peripheral. Follow the instructions below for setup on PC.
Installing the Drivers
Do not connect the printer until the drivers are installed
- Download the driver installation files by clicking THIS LINK
- Open the downloaded file and select, Extract All
- Open the extracted folder and then open the folder named Setup
- Once in the folder, double click Setup to start the installation
- Complete Typical installation of the drivers
Connecting and Configuring the Printer
- Once driver complete installing, plug the printer into a USB port on your PC
- Flick the switch on the side of the cash drawer to turn it on.
- You will see an image show up in the taskbar to indicate you it is installing the device into Windows. This will disappear on its own.
- When the windows drivers have finished installing, go to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- In the event that you have installed everything accurately, the device will show up under the Printers header.
Note: In the event that it appears as Unspecified, update the device drivers from the Device Manager following the instructions listed HERE
- Right click on the Star mPOP printer and select Printing Preferences
- In the Printing Preferences window, select Advanced…
- Tap the drop-down for Paper Size and change this to 54mm x Receipt. Click the Ok button once you have done this. Then click Ok again to exit the screen.
- Right click on Star mPOP again and this time select Printer Properties.
- At the point when the Properties window has opened, select the Device Settings tab.
- Change FRICTION to 54mm x Receipt.
- Tap the + image with Cash Drawer and starting from the drop menu by the word Timing select Document Top.
- Once you have made these changes, then click OK.
Your printer is now setup – you can now run a test to make sure it is running properly!
Contacting the manufacturer
Please use the information below to contact the product manufacturer with questions or concerns on warranty for the hardware. You can locate the serial/part number on the back of the device.