Opening and closing registers after every shift is a common and effective practice to prevent mishandling of money, and safeguard assets against loss. You can close your registers within our software by following the procedure below.
- Click “Payments” and go to “Register Management”
- On this page you will want to find the Register that is open that you have been using that shift
- Hover over the small invoice icon and click “Close” on the drop down menu
- Here you will tally the number of each bill that you have in the cash drawer, and if all transactions were properly executed, it should add to the “Expected ending cash balance.”
- Enter the Cash Deposit amount, enter your initials, and click the blue “Save & Close Register” button.
NOTE: Under “Register Close Report” in the “Payments” tab, you can review all register openings and closings conducted in your software.